Sun Protection Accreditation
We are proud to be recognised as a Sun Protection Accredited club, having signed up to the Slip! Slap! Swing! sun protection campaign for golf.
This summer, as part of our overall duty of care, we will be raising awareness of sun protection, offering advice on how to reduce the risk of skin cancer to all our members and staff.
The campaign, devised by the Melanoma Fund, is backed by 11 major golf organisations, requires clubs to undertake the following actions:
1. Nominate a Sun Pro Ambassador; promoting the campaign to members/staff.
2. Add a sun protection statement to Terms & Conditions of play/Health & Safety policy.
3. Display awareness posters and promote the campaign internally, and externally on socials.
4. Ensure sunscreen is available in the club, either for sale or for complimentary use*
5. Display the Sun Protection Accreditation logo – both digitally and in the club.
We have joined a growing community of golf clubs who are taking the health of members seriously. Skin cancer is preventable, but is now at epidemic levels, so the question is if not, why not? If you wish to discuss this further, please speak to James Levick our Sun Pro Ambassador.
For sun protection tips and what to look out for when skin checking, visit https://www.melanoma-
*subject to COVID restrictions