PLAY SAFE STAY SAFE
The following Conditions for Return to Golf –
A risk assessment was undertaken which considered how our members could return to playing golf whilst fully adhering to Government measures with regard to hygiene and social distancing – and so minimising the risk of players contracting Covid-19 whilst at the club.
In order to achieve this at the present time and in line with the Government’s measures we need to limit the number of players at the course at any one time and remove unnecessary contact with equipment and fixtures on the course.
The following conditions below must be adhered to:
Rules of play
- All players must follow the Government rules concerning social distancing and maintain a distance of two metres between themselves and other people they encounter at the club.
- Please bring your own sanitisers as at this time the club only has a limited supply of hand sanitisers available at the club. There will be a sanitiser located on the fence as you leave the back of the 18th
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
- If you cough or sneeze do so into a disposal tissue or the crook of your arm so as to avoid spreading germs.
- You can only go to the golf club to play golf. The practice facilities e.g. driving ranges, practice facilities on the course, chipping area and practice nets are not open for use. The putting green is only open for players about to tee off
- You can only play if you have a booked tee time. Bookings can be made on the club website, by the VI app or by telephoning the professional shop during working hours on 01726 68621.
- You can only play in a one ball or a two ball (Max of 2 people per tee time).
- Please do not arrive at the course more than 15 minutes before your allotted tee time. If you arrive early remain in your car until 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Please ensure that you park your car with at least one car space distance between you and other cars.
- All members need to empty the locker rooms as soon as possible as they will be closed to members. If you require entry to remove your belongings, then the key will be available during opening times at the professional shop. Please collect a pair of disposable gloves before entering the locker room.
- Where applicable you must attend the professional shop to register prior to your tee time.
- The professional shop will be open from 08.30 to 17.30 and you will be able to purchase goods but not enter the shop for the time being.
- Score cards will not be available.
- Only use your own golf equipment, if it does not belong to you do not touch it e.g. tees or balls you may find on the course.
- The bins will all be out of action on the golf course so please take your rubbish home.
- As some of the benches are very difficult to move please do not sit or touch any of them.
- The Patio area is closed
- We have left the toilets on the 10th tee open for emergency use and we would kindly ask members to ensure that they leave them in a sanitised condition
- You MUST NOT remove the flag when putting.
- You must take relief from marker posts and hazard stakes as they are not to be handled.
- All bunkers are lift and place within the bunker and please use your foot or club to smooth the sand after play.
- Rules of etiquette must If you are holding up the player/s behind, you let them through whilst maintaining social distancing.
- Single use of golf buggies will be allowed subject to sanitising.
- Golf club buggies will only be available during the Professional shop opening times and must not be taken from the Green keeper sheds
- Club volunteer Marshals will be in attendance at times, so please follow instructions if asked to do so.
- On completion of your round please do not delay your departure from the club facilities.
Failure to comply may result in the right to play being revoked.
The Management Committee
St Austell Golf Club